Reconsider travel to Micronesia due to COVID-19-related restrictions.
Read the country information page for additional information on travel to Micronesia.
For more information on the COVID-19 situation in U.S. territories and freely associated states, please visit the CDC COVID Data Tracker. Visit the CDC page for the latest Travel Health Information related to your travel. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Micronesia.
If you decide to travel to Micronesia:
- Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before planning any international travel, and read the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for country-specific COVID-19 information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Visit the Micronesia government website if appropriate for non-health conditions.
- Visit the websites for the Department of Health and Social Services for the latest information from the Government of Micronesia on current public health concerns.
- Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Country Security Report for Micronesia.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to health information.
For more information on the COVID-19 situation in U.S. territories and freely associated states, please visit the CDC COVID Data Tracker.